Your Angel of Music

My photo
"We are very small, but we are capable of doing big things." - S.W. Hawking

Monday, January 14, 2013

The Broken Bridge



The journey has not yet ended for me,

Too much to learn, too much to lose.

I can I still take the risks?

To realize something, is for me to understand.

How will I change something that’s done?

The only thing I can do is regret.

To move on is the later part of the story.

As I walk down the earth and skies,

Back and forth, it was fun.

I was enjoying myself too much,

To realize that I left something behind.

I was too selfish to accept,

Something that wasn’t supposed to be mine.

I ruined the bridge from the earth to the skies,

To prevent me from myths and lies.

Is it enough, is it enough?

What I’ve done, is it enough?

Or will it still haunt me till I die?

I wonder, I wonder.

Will the bridge still be there?

I questioned myself,

‘Why not?’ I whispered.

The bridge was still there.

But broken and scattered.

I tried to cross the bridge once again.

It wasn’t the same.

Oh why, oh why?

Trembling hands, shaking fingers,

I asked myself why it isn’t the same.

Then I realized, it will never be the same.

The bridge will never be the same.

-Emric Salven B. Rejano

No comments:

Post a Comment