Your Angel of Music

My photo
"We are very small, but we are capable of doing big things." - S.W. Hawking

Monday, January 14, 2013

Memories



December 28, 2008.
I was a graduating student when I met Samantha. It was around December of 2008 when I bumped into her in the mall. I toppled over the cups of Starbucks she was carrying. It spilled over our clothes. Upon looking at her, I saw her gloomy teary eyes, wavy brown hair, those fluffy cute cheeks and her pale lips; her height, four feet and eleven, attracted me even more. I stood there speechless of her beauty not realizing that she was about to cry over the spilled coffee. I then offered my hand and asked humbly for her forgiveness. I asked her how I could repent on my fault.
She replied in a soft tune:
Pl…Please be my servant…
I was a little shocked. Why would she ask that from a stranger? Without thinking, I agreed to her condition, without knowing that this will change my life forever.
            The next day, she called me and wanted me to accompany her home. I rushed and went there as fast as I could. She took me in to a tea shop where she usually would take breakfast and stayed there for the rest of the day. She ordered us teas and cakes for us to enjoy; she was really a fan of these cakes, especially the orange cake. It really tasted sweet yet salty. After we ate, we talked about ourselves; I found out that she was only the same age as I was. We did the same thing every weekend since the beginning of the year.

May 20, 2009.
            It was a sunny day. Samantha decided to spend the whole day with me again. She really insisted that I should go. She would tease me that she wouldn’t eat her meals if I don’t eat it with her. I never thought I would get involved with this spoiled mature little woman here. When I got there, she was sleeping at the dining table with cakes served. I poked her fluffy cheeks and combed her wavy hair for a little; she yawned so hard I laughed. She got a little mad at me and started a little quarrel for a few minutes and would hug me right after.
            “You know, it would be nicer if you’re the first one who would hug me when I wake up. It’s really sweet for me… and you never even told me that you were really coming!”
            “Well if you haven’t been much of a spoiled brat, I wouldn’t come here for you.”
            “So does that mean I don’t mean anything to you?”
Just like any normal day, small quarrels ended with a hug.
Later that afternoon, she took me to a park near the bay. Our walk in the park was amazing. I never really thought that she would take me here. The trees are green, flowers everywhere; couples kissing each other. I envy them. I paused for a little while and she looked at me like she wanted to kill me. “Wh…why are you looking at me like that? It’s scary.” I said.  “Well if you haven’t been looking at people like that, then I wouldn’t. You know, I would really appreciate it if you spend your time with me.” I looked at her in the eye and asked her sarcastically. “You like me don’t you.” She punched me in the head and looked at me blushing. I knew in that moment that she likes me too.
It was already late evening and we were still in the park not having our meals yet. I told her that I was already tired to make her sit with me in a bench. In front of us were more couples holding hands and kissing each other. I started to wonder why she took me here in this place. While I was wondering about the reason, she sneakily put her hand on the bottom of mine. She looked away and started putting a grip on my hand. “Your hands are really sweaty… and warm…” I said nothing in reply. I don’t know why. Was I just mystified with her acting strange all of the sudden; but why is it that my heart beats so fast? It’s like I’m in a deep confusion; or is it love?
It’s almost midnight. She started leaning on my shoulder and hugging my arm. I still did nothing but listen to my heart beating hard and fast as she slowly hugged me from my side. The feeling felt like it’s imaginary; but it’s happening here right now. As my heart to continue to beat fast, I couldn’t resist looking at her adorable face, holding her fluffy cheeks; I couldn’t help myself but only look at her.
May 21, 2009. Midnight
                        “..kiss me now you little fool…”
                                                                                    She said so calm and weak…
We continued to walk around the park until she felt sleepy. I carried her until we reached her house. She fell asleep while I was carrying her. I was about to leave her room when she called me.
“… I love you, you little jerk…”
I left the room silently, and smiling. That night was lovely, even lovelier than I expected it to be.
                                                                                                                          Finally…
One year later…
It was our first anniversary when she told me that her parents were having a problem. It wasn’t really a problem that I should know; but she needed someone to share the reason of her parents’ quarrels. It was her mom cheating on her dad. She said that she was going to leave the country.
            “We’re going to leave for a little while sweetheart, we’re going to Japan for my parents to cool off.”
. She invited me to spend the night with her like she was never going back. We talked the whole night like it was Armageddon the next day. We enjoyed our final hours together for this year.
“The sun finally rises…”
 I escorted her to the airport that day. Her plane was about to leave, she kissed me one last time before she left. As she leaves, we both shed a tear. I ran into her and gave her one last hug until she was ready to go. I watched her plane as it leaves the airport.
                                                                        And there she was… gone…
Months went by and we only send letters to each other, it would take a month for one letter to arrive in its destination. It was the only way we could communicate. I only had three of them, which means that we only send letters to each other for three months.
                                                                                                            The fourth month came…
She never replied. It gave me assumptions that made me mad and crazy. Still I waited a couple of months for her reply and still none.
                                                                                                            Then one morning…
I received a reply,
It wasn’t from her, but from her family.It is said in the letter that they apologize for Samantha’s idleness and asked for the full strength of my heart. I paused for a moment wondering what have happen to my love. I continued reading the letter as if it was a story of the white swan.
My heart broke as I shed a tear as I read the part where I was weakened…
“…..She was stabbed and couldn’t make it alive….”
 I dropped the letter. I cried for months until I became crazy. Like the black swan ever graceful defying her name; yet death hugs her and has taken her away from me.
I woke up from another garden with full of tears. My surroundings were different from home. I woke up from a nightmare with a gasp and felt so awaken that I had enough rest to live my life over again.
 I stood up wearing the same suit that she gave me, this white suit that I used to wear when I go to her home. From behind, she called my name; I turned around and finally saw her again. I felt her sweet hug that I’d been seeking for years. I kissed her once again like I never kissed her before. The light calls for our souls as we go forth the gates where we will both rest.
                                                                                                -EmricSalven B. Rejano


2 comments: